Friday, August 5, 2011

The Train

Last night as I got on the train, I did the usual, look for a spot where nobody else will surround me. Usually at night this is a very easy task as there are not a ton of people that are commuting at 11:00 p.m. Last night, however, the task proved to be very difficult. Instead of being close to empty, the train was full. It was full of young, loud, drunk and annoying people. On top of that I was extremely tired and wanted to read. However with all of the noise, there was no way that was going to happen. You might ask, why not just switch cars and get away from that group. Well, every car was full of people that match that description.


As I sat there listening to all of them talk (because I could hear them ALL) I thought about my two little boys at home. I really hope that Cheri and I can teach them how to properly behave in public. I hope they understand that they don't have to be loud and use every swear word in the book and then add some more to the book. I hope they turn out to be gentlemen who think about others long before they think of themselves.