Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting the Grade

This Summer I have had the chance to do an internship with the Deseret News. Throughout the semester I was supposed to work 180 hours for them. During the 180 hours I was required to write a log each week of my experience and meet with my professor twice.
The semester ended last week and I was only at 122 hours and had only met with my professor once. This is a created a problem since I clearly had not met the requirements for the class. My professor assured me that it would be fine and that she would give me and incomplete until I was done with my hours and then she would change it to a complete.
After talking to the folks in the Financial Aide office, I found out that an incomplete would not be good. Due to the incomplete, my aide would be held up. That is money that we desperately need at the moment and do not want held up. So, I took the situation to my professor and increased the hours that I would spend at my internship.
Well, luckily my professor agreed to give me a complete as long as I gave her a signed contract stating when I would complete my internship and meet with her for the second time. I am so grateful to her for agreeing to help me out with this. Somehow it always seems to work out in the end. 


No comments: