Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School

Well, it is the end of August and that means that it is time to once again go back to school. One day I am going to finish! I am a junior and this semester am taking 7 credits. I have pretty much exhausted the evening classes that the communications department offers. That means a whole new experience as I am on campus during the day. The first day, I felt very out of place. I am a 28 year old father of two boys and am attending school with all of these newly graduated from high school aged kids. Luckily that feeling only lasted a minute or so, before I remembered it doesn't matter, because they don't care about me and I don't really care about them(unless we are put in a group to work together on a project).
As far as my classes this semester, I am lucky to have a couple of easy classes and one hard class. My hard class is research methods, which will give me my biggest paper thus far in college, 22 pages. However, the professor says it shouldn't be that hard. The other two classes are studio production and performance, where I learn how to do my job and the radio DJ class, where I DJ at the college radio station. I loved that class last semester and I don't see that changing this semester.

No comments: